1. Writing Your Book.
This can be a very varied series to steps. There are a million ways to write a book. Is your book all text or all pictures or a combination of both? Are you writing a novel, creating a children's book, how to book, cookbook or poetry book? Whatever it is you have to begin, and put your ideas down on paper or in a computer. This book isn’t about the mechanics of writing it is about publishing what you have written. There are many resources available to help you with your writing. My advice is to write your book using a standard word processing program like MS-Word and keep the formatting simple. Whoever you work with to create your book will have to take all that formatting out and reformat a finished book.
Some of the book writing resources that I like:
• Bird by Bird by Anne Lamott, this is a classic
• The War of Art, Break Through the Blocks and Win Your Inner Creative Battles by Steven Pressfield. Steven Pressfield has an entire series of excellent books on writing.
• On Writing, A Memoir of the Craft, Steven King
• On Writing Well, William Zinsser
• The Writing Life, Annie Dillard
• How to Write Bestselling Fiction, Dean Koontz
• The Elements of Style, Strunk and White
• Write, Publish, Repeat, Sean Platt and Johnny B. Truant, this book is a must on how to manage your writing and build a career and income from your books. This is one of the best on how to structure your books to lead your readers from one book the next.