Mini Course: How to Make an Author/Book Blog. Every author should have a central place on line for themselves and their books. This can be either a blog or a website. I usually recommend a blog and often Google's Blogger Blog platform. It is easy to set up, takes about 5-10 minutes. They are free, we love free. They have enough features to pretty much have all the parts you need. You can have as many as you want, they are easy to put up and take down. I love them. Quick, easy and free.
This mini course takes you through the steps to set one up and get it going as your home on the web.
Video 1: Setting up Your Google Blogger Blog
• Basic Parts, blogging page, about page, book description page, media page, resource page, contact page
• Selecting a blog name
• Setting up your account and picking your blog theme
• Making your first post, picking your tags and labels
• Adding images and adding links
• Adding social media and sharing your post
Video 2: Jazzing Up Your Blog and Advance Techniques
• Your settings
• Adding pages and navigation
• Adding more photos from other websites
• Adding sidebar elements and linking off your blog to other websites
Bruce Jones, a #1 International Best Selling Author, is based in the Mystic, CT area. Bruce has been a graphic designer, product creator and author for the past 30 years. He has authored or produced over 41 books with several best selling titles. Topics include business and marketing, music, geography, coloring and children. Bruce is also the creator of the World of Maps Clip Art collection of maps for business presentations, along with numerous other products.
He speaks and consults on self-publishing, social media, product developing, blogging and video. Bruce is the founder of the active How to Publish Your Book Facebook group and with almost 3,000 members and the Publishing Mastery Academy.